Countdown to Disney Princess Half Marathon

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Meet the newest Princesses in Training

August 2011
Greetings, What's crack-a-lackin? Howdy y'all, Why hello there, What's up yo, Salutations, HowdyLovely day, isn't it?? My name is Sindi. I am a mom of 2 awesome kids and I have been married for 10 years to the love of my life. I have struggled with my weight my ENTIRE LIFE!!! I have been up and down, up and down, and on and on. My highest weight was &*$ (you didn't really think I would tell you, right?) I have looked and searched for the quick fix to make my weight issues go away but never found a thing! 

In August of 2006, I had the lap-band put on my stomach to help assist with my eating issues. STILL, NOTHING! I lost about 40 lbs and gained it all back, plus some. After being so frustrated of not feeling well and continuing to gain weight, I looked into what was called the Beaumont Weight Control Center. They helped me get on track with knowing what is right to eat, what is wrong to eat, how much I should eat and a great exercise program. And guess what? I lost 7 lbs in 5 months. SOOOOO, I started looking into another procedure to help assist me with weight loss. 
September 2012




In April of 2012, I had my lap-band removed and I had the VSG (vertical sleeve gastrectomy). This procedure along with LOTS of exercise, eating a strict diet (high protein, very low carb and no more POP) and meeting with a nutritionist monthly I have been able to loose 65 lbs and still loosing. Some may say that I took the easy way out. I say I still work darn hard at loosing weight it's just a tad bit easier then it used to be. 

Now on to the good stuff. So my sis-in-law, Princess Janie, was LITERALLY shrinking before my very eyes, so I asked "Janie, what are you doing" Well, she explained she was preparing for this Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon 2013. I was intrigued but not convinced that someone as big as me could actually RUN. But I am doing it! I have been following the Jeff Galloway plan to some extent. I am doing a little of my own thing as well also I strictly track my food in take with myfitnesspal. I have to hold myself accountable! I have done one 5K and I will be doing another in 4 days. I said all that to say this. JUST DO IT! You can do it! No matter how big or small you are YOU CAN   DO IT!! Get out there and start NOW!!                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment